The processes outlined below are managed and administered by the central Admissions office, in collaboration and consultation with school Principals.
1. Applications for Admission
Applications for admission are accepted at all times during the school year. Applications must be completed online through the school website. If there are no places available at the time then the application is placed onto the school's registration list.
2. Invitation for Assessment
When a place becomes available then the school will contact the first eligible applicant and invite them to attend an assessment.
3. Procedures for Assessment
All invited applicants will undergo assessment. The specific nature of this assessment is the responsibility of the school, and the relevant details are mentioned below.
- For PKG parents are requested to submit a questionnaire
- For KG and Grade 1, the test is a general one in English and Number work/ Mathematics and non- verbal clues may be used.
- For Grades 2 and above we conduct CAT4 digital testing via an online platform (the fourth edition of GL Assessment's Cognitive Abilities Test that assesses a pupil's ability to reason with and manipulate different types of material through a series of Verbal, Non-Verbal, Quantitative and Spatial Ability tasks).
For applicants based locally, assessments will be undertaken at the school premises.
Abroad assessments: For applicants currently outside the UAE, we can arrange these assessments abroad for your child(ren). Once you provide us with the contact details and email of the Principal or English teacher of your child's current school we will liaise with them with regards to the assessments. However, the evaluation and grade placement will be done by us.
Please note that the assessment fee is applicable for both onsite and abroad assessments.
Where appropriate a face-to-face interview may also be undertaken with the relevant school authority.
The following documents are required at the time of assessment:
- Copy of child passport
- Copy of valid UAE residence visa
- Copy of the Birth Certificate in English or Arabic
- Latest Copy of the Medical Immunization Record
- 2 passport size photographs
- Copy of the last 2 years academic report, including the latest, from the previous school/nursery
- Confidential School report to be filled by the teacher
- Overseas Transfers & Transfers from other Emirates in UAE: Copy of the Transfer/Leaving Certificate, attested as per the requirements of the regulatory authorities, KHDA. (Click for sample --> Transfer certificate form)
- Transfers from other schools in Dubai: Attested KHDA Transfer Certificate from the previous school.
It is mandated by the regulatory authorities of the UAE that on enrolment the Emirates IDs of student & parent require to be swiped at the machine at our admissions/front desk. Once this registration is approved by the KHDA parents will be invited by the school to electronically sign the Parent School Contract as the final step of the student's official registration.
4. Service Standards
The admission process for each child needs to be completed within 5 working days of the assessment if the student is based in Dubai. To achieve this goal, the following process and service standards have been defined:
- Responding to parents after receiving the application - 1-2 working days
- Receiving test results from admissions/teachers - 3 working days
- Communicating the outcome to parents - 5 working days (from the date of the test)
5. Registration Fees
All applicants who are invited for assessment are required to pay a non-refundable assessment fee of AED 525.
6. Selection process
- Following assessment, the school management will decide upon whether a place is to be offered or not, based upon all of the information from assessment and provided in the application.
- The decision taken by the school is final, and all admissions follow the guidelines and regulations set by the KHDA.
- Parents / guardians must respond to an offer within 5 days of receipt in order to secure the place.
- Prior to admissions, Transfer Certificate (attested where required) is to be submitted.
Students of Determination experiencing Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND):
Our policy is in line with Federal Law 29 (2006) and the aims of the Dubai Inclusive Policy Framework 2017, regarding the education and outcomes of students experiencing special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
All placements are subject to availability of spaces. Admissions for students of determination is not conditional on a medical diagnosis. Any new applicant with identified specific educational needs and disabilities (SEND) will be referred to the Leader of Provision for Inclusion. The department of Inclusion Support will go through the reports and arrange to observe and assess the child, making appropriate recommendations to the admissions department thereafter.
The final decision regarding admission will be taken collaboratively between the Principal, Leader of Provision for Inclusion and other members of the school leadership team. This team will evaluate if the school is adequately equipped to meet the needs of the child and recommend whether the admission offer should be full or partial (in partnership with another specialist school or provider) or if the school is unable to provide a place currently.
English Additional Language:
EAL support is provided to primary students who require English Language support. These applications are flagged by the admissions team for further evaluation by the EAL Co-ordinator and the level of support required is determined. The final approval for admission is given by Head of Section/Principal.